Thursday, April 26, 2012

Collin's Room

Choosing bedding and room decor for a boy is SOOO hard!  Of course most people do themes with characters, animals, or sports, but I was adamant that his room not have any of that!  I wanted it to be cute, and babyish.  I figured in a few years he will want sports or animal stuff all over his room, and when that time comes, daddy and him can have fun decorating his room with stuff they love.  I decided to have his bedding made.  My friend Kristy helped me pick out fabrics we liked and designed it.  It was quite expensive.  Not sure we will be doing that with the next baby, Ha! 

My mom, Alan, and our good friend Gina painted his room and they did a really good job. I love painting, but I didn't think it was safe to breathe in the fumes, so I opted to let them handle it.





 Putting together the crib.  Thank you to "Uncle" Jerod for helping.  Alyssa and Jerod are really good friends of ours.  We hope their baby on the way, Reese, and Collin will be good friends.

 

 Alan was NOT happy about the paisley fabric :(  He got over it fairly quickly though.  The alternative was for him to go fabric shopping (and you know that was NOT going to happen!).







No comments:

Post a Comment