Thursday, April 26, 2012

Gender Reveal Party

I thought it would be fun to do a gender reveal party for our close friends and family.  Probably won't go all out next time around, but for the first baby, I thought it would be special to do this.  The theme was "What's it gonna bee?!"...you know how I love bees :)  We knew for several weeks it was a boy, or at least were 99% sure, but we waited till the 18 week ultrasound to make sure everything was healthy and normal with the baby.  And they did confirm, he was definitely a boy!

I made a card for each person to open.  Each one had a different stamp on the front, and on the inside it said "it's a....".  But only one person got the card revealing the gender.  My sweet friend Alyssa got the card and announced it to everyone!  We had everyone wear pink and blue shirts depending on what they thought, or were hoping for.  More people thought boy than girl.  Unfortunately we didn't get any pictures with anyone because some people were in a hurry, so we were trying to hurry so they could go. We just wore neutral colors so no one thought anything since they already knew we have had an idea for a while.  We played a couple ice breaker questions first, passed out the cards, then ate some snacks.

 Football thank you's







1 comment:

  1. Woah! Nice one. I have seen these colors used for a baby shower for the first time. It was nice going through this post. I got nice ideas and I am planning to book an event space Chicago for my sister’s baby shower. Using different colors can be good sometimes.

    ReplyDelete